I have read a few of these sunshine blog posts and have enjoyed getting to know a bit more about my PLN. I am going to do mine a bit different though. Rather than nominate 11 other bloggers feel free to answer my questions and continue this if you like. No pressure!
Here is how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
My Nominating Blogger
My nominating blogger is the amazing Dana Ariss. The first time I knew of Dana was when she moved into the apartment next door to me. It was too bad I was moving out that month but I did use her moving boxes to move into my first house. Our paths crossed once again when she did her student teaching at my school. This past year we have connected further through our love for Twitter and education. Her passion for her students and education is truly infectious. She is always willing to share ideas, give advise and edit my posts! I am lucky to have her in my PLN;)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I am a city girl through and a through. My job has me living and working in a rural area but I head home to the city every Friday night and return to work on Monday mornings. Lucky to have a job close enough that I can go home to the city every weekend.
2. I worked as a casino dealer for 8 years while I upgraded and went to University.
3. I love to bake. I have very fond memories of baking with my grandmother as a child. She had a special smaller baking set that I would use to bake along side her. We often made bread and cinnamon buns together.
4. I am half Chinese, a quarter Ukrainian and a quarter German.
5. I love coffee…my coffee of choice…STARBUCKS.
6. I love to read. My favourite book would have to be “A Fine Balance” but also was addicted to reading the Harry Potter series.
7. I have a brother who is 11 months younger than me.
8. I love to travel. Dream trip would be to travel to Greece and Italy.
9. Cooking is another passion of mine. My 2 favourite cooks to learn from are my grandma and my dad. Need to perfect my dad’s ancient Chinese recipes;)
10. I had my own business selling crafts before I started teaching. I sold them at local farmers markets and Christmas craft sales.
11. I bought my first house 5 years ago. It took me 2 years but I have completely gutted and renovated it.
11 Questions For Me
1. Why teaching? I have known I wanted to be a teacher as long as I can remember. When grandma would clean the floors I would line up the chairs to make my class rows and teach my brother. Don’t worry I do not line my desks up in rows anymore! My grade 1 teacher, Miss Purkiss, inspired me as well. I wanted to be just like her.
2. Who or what is your greatest inspiration? Greatest inspiration is my mother because she taught me to be a strong independant woman.
3. What is one new thing you have tried this year? I started blogging this year. Scary because I have never seen myself as a writer.
4. What would your ideal day look like? Travelling with friends or family somewhere new with warm weather and experiencing another culture would be my perfect day.
5. Who was the best teacher you ever had and why? Miss Purkiss, she made me feel loved.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you currently live, where would it be? Lamma Island seemed like a perfect place when I was there 2 years ago. Perfect balance of city and quiet living.
7. What is something you are looking forward to in 2014? I am taking some Master courses and applying to take my Masters in Educational Technologies. A surprise to me as I have never wanted to take take my Masters until this past year.
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl? In my previous life as a casino dealer, I was a night owl. However now that I am a teacher, I get up early and that is ok too. I can get a lot more done when I are not sleeping my life away. I do tend to fall asleep in the evening when people are talking to me…especially on a Friday night at about 8pm.
9. What is your favourite band or music artist? I love all music with the exception of country. R&B and Hip Hop being my music of choice. Favourite band of all time is the Beatles.
10. Why Twitter? Love Twitter because it is PD that is on my time and tailored to me.
11. Mac or PC? Android or iPhone? I made the switch to Mac 2 years ago and have not looked back! I love my iPhone.
11 Questions For The Nominees
1. What is your favourite thing about teaching?
2. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
3. Where is your favourite place to be?
4. Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
5. What is your favourite book to read?
6. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
7. What is your favourite phone app?
8. Best place you have ever travelled?
9. One thing you wish would change in education?
10. Name 5 bloggers that are must follows.
11. 5 Tweeps you recommend following?